Our popular summer camp offers parents a great alternative to leaving the children at home. While parents enjoy scheduled boat dives or snorkel trips, children aged 5 to 14 will learn about interacting with bottlenose dolphins through various encounters, feeding and training sessions (see schedule of activities below).
They’ll also be exposed to diving and snorkeling skills according to their age and skill level, giving them the chance to emulate adult role models. Oceanside discussions and short classroom sessions, snorkeling trips and other outdoor activities will give your child a real appreciation for the ocean marine life and our environment in general.
Our experienced and knowledgeable staff at RIMS, and the PADI professionals from AKR’s Scuba School, are the camp instructors. The schedule begins on Sunday and ends on Friday. Children join parents for lunch daily, and parents are always welcome to observe and participate in most activities.
Other camp activities include:
- SASY (Supplied Air Snorkeling for Youth) and Bubblemaker sessions
- Jr. Scuba Diver certification (for ages 10-14)
- Marine life slide shows
- Island field trips
- Dolphin identification lessons
- Dolphin evolution, anatomy and physiology lectures
- Family beach encounter with the dolphins
- The cost includes accommodations, three meals daily, all dolphin camp activities, equipment and materials.
Cost is $1029 per camper Age 5- 14 Yrs
- The cost is based on one child per adult, staying in the same room.Published rates do not include hotel taxes.
- Please submit a copy of your child's passport when making reservation for the Dolphin SCUBA Camp.
The 2013 Summer camp season runs from May 26 to August 30 2013. The camp schedule starts on Sunday, wrapping up on the following Friday. Saturday to Saturday arrival/departure is recommended.
The camp is offered during the following weeks of Summer 2013.
June 30- July 5
July 28-Aug 2
Sample Schedule for Kids Ages 5-9
Sample Schedule for Kids Ages 10-14