Facilities and Accommodations
The Roatan Museum, Education Center, & More
The main complex of our facility consists of the Education Center, the dry laboratory, and the Roatan Museum.
The Education Center is designed for use as a comfortable and spacious classroom. This room houses exhibits on the coral reef, fish, invertebrates, reptiles, birds and geology of the Bay Islands. When class is not in session, the center is open to the public and visited by hundreds of tourists annually.
The classroom is connected to a fully equipped dry lab. A wet laboratory and one of two spacious dolphin enclosures is directly adjacent to the main complex.
The adjecent museum is designed to educate visitors and locals on the rich cultural heritage of Honduras with particular focus on the Bay Islands.
Special resort package rates are available to students participating in a structured program and escorted by a professor. A complimentary land package will be given to the Professor for every 11 paying students. A minimum of 11 students required to conduct a group.
Student groups will have access to all resort amenities, including the full-service dive shop, underwater photo center and hyperbaric chamber and medical clinic. The proximity of living and working conditions is ideal and maximizes the effectiveness of the program.
Student Group Packages Include:
- Hotel accommodations
- Full American meal plan – 3 meals daily
- Fully equipped dry and wet laboratories
- Large air-conditioned classroom with a/v equipment
- Specimen collections and reference library
- Tours and use of Roatan Museum that chronicles and displays the cultural & archaeological history of the region
- Two boat dives daily with guides, use of tanks, weights and belts
- One night boat dive per week
- One dolphin swim
- Recreational services and facilities of adjacent Anthony's Key Resort (Use of water sports equipment and picnics on the beach and key)
- Escorted round-trip transfer from airport to Institute
For more information, call, email or send us a group reservation request.