Roatan Travel Tips and Important Information
Vacation & Travel Planning
- Due to current security measures, you'll need to allow more time for check-in, security screening and boarding flights. Please check with your airline prior to departure for the latest recommended arrival times and security guidelines. It is also recommended you have a government-issued picture ID available at all times, as well as a printed itinerary if you're using an electronic ticket.
- U.S. citizens are required to have a valid U.S. passport. Please make sure your passport is valid at least 6 MONTHS from your return travel date. Residents of all other countries should check with the Honduran Embassy/Consulate prior to leaving for specific entry requirements.
- Make sure your personal information is on all pieces of baggage as well as inside your luggage. If luggage is borrowed, please make sure identification is your own, not that of the person you borrowed it from!
- Green luggage tags provided by Anthony's Key Resort should be used on all luggage. This will help our personnel in Roatan identify your luggage and facilitate clearance through customs upon arrival.
- Unfortunately the airlines do not always deliver your luggage on time. The resort will do as much as they can to accommodate for equipment and other items, but please carry the following items in your hand-luggage:
- Change of clothes
- Medication, contact lenses, prescription masks, etc
- C-card: You can not dive if you do not have that.
- We suggest TRAVEL INSURANCE: please ask your travel advisor about this.
- Please note, if you are travelling to Honduras from any one of the following countries, you will require an International Vaccination Certificate Against Yellow Fever: Trinidad and Tobago, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guyana, Peru, Surinam, Venezuela, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameron, Chad, Congo, Costa de Marfil, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ecuatorial Guinea, Kenya, Lyberia, Mail, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Central Republic of Africa, Rhoanda, Santo Tomas and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leona, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo and Uguanda.
- Due to water conservation concerns, beach towels are not provided by the resort. Please be sure to pack your own beach towel, or consider buying a souvenir beach towel at the resort.
- Insect repellant is recommended and is also sold at the resort.
- Pack lightweight, comfortable clothing. Casual clothing is acceptable throughout the resort.
- A long-sleeved shirt and long pants are recommended for horseback riding.
- Hats and sunscreen are recommended.
- Most major credit cards and cash are accepted at the resort.
- Aspirin, antihistamine, Immodium, anti-itch creams, and any other treatments your physician may prescribe or recommend for foreign travel.
During Your Stay at AKR
- Safes are provided in all our bungalows. Safes measure 6"x20"x20" and can accommodate most electronic devices and other valuables. Safes are accessed by a 4 digit numerical code, which is programmed by the user.
- The resort drinking water is purified and safe for consumption. Bottled water is also available for sale.
- All resort packages include three meals daily.
- Beverages that are included are coffee, milk and juices for breakfast; coffee and iced tea for lunch and dinner. All other beverages (soda, beer, wine, alcohol) are available at an additional charge.
- Snacks are available for sale at the Snack Shop from 7 am to 5 pm
- For special dietary requests, please advise your travel consultant prior to departure.
- WiFi Internet Access is available throughout the property.
Resort Tipping Guidelines